Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Game is Today!

Even though the title of this post is "The Game is Today", I want to start on a weatherly note! By the way, you can vote on who will win the big game today on the top of the blog!

Anyway, I received a few questions through my comments! Here are the questions that I'm about to answer:

1. How will the drought we have been experiencing affect the color of the trees this fall?




The leaves would be doing good to look like this, but unfortunately it will most likely not be the case.

A drought almost always causes the leaves to fall early, and that's because the leaves are killed by the constant heat of the sun! They will fall to the ground brown and dead! However, now that the heat is gone, we will see some darker leaf colors this year.


2. When might we expect some good soaking rain?

t's not looking like a flooding rain like this, or a soaking rain! The next week will be dry, but some potential for rain is possible the week of the 23rd.



3. Finally, in your (my) opinion what kind of winter are we in for? Mild? Intense?

Here's an intense winter for you!


This is the folklore saying: Hot summer, cold winter!

This is mine: After this hot summer where we broke all kinds of records, we will most likely get a huge cold front before we could settle into a cold winter, but I would have to say: An average winter!

There's some goodness for you!

I will make sure to post my 7 day forecast tonight before the UL UK game!

Here's some sports news:

Last night in high school football:


St. X. (OH) 47 Trinity 31
St. X (Lou) 42 Male 6
Charlestown 38 Providence 13
Columbus (E) 45 New Albany 0
Jeffersonville 53 Floyd Central 0
Salem 13 Clarksville 6


I'll see you in college football and today! Go Cards!





No comments: