Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thursday, June 4th, 2009: 4pm


For information on my lightning video...see the previous post (below)...

So much for my forecast for today...I think all meteorologists will agree that we completely blew the forecast for today. I certainly thought that the clouds, at least the low clouds, would clear sooner, and we would get around 70. However, it is 4pm and my weather station says 59!!! On June 4th, really?

I think that the clouds will stick around long enough to keep the temps from falling to the low 50s tonight. What happens tonight is actually indicative of the temperatures for the next few days. If my forecast for tonight is correct, the temps will get to around 80 on Friday and into the upper 80s for Saturday. Also, I forecast that we will see lower 90s for Sunday and Monday. However, if temps go into the lower 50s tonight, temps over the course of the next few days wil be about 3-5 degrees cooler than I have forecasted.

If my forecast is right, hot weather will be the order for Sunday, and very hot and humid weather will be in store Monday, with just isolated storms. Another humid day will be in the works for Tuesday as our next storm system comes in. I think that with the moisture at least, I should at least mention the potential for strong storms Tuesday. The storm system will clear by late Wednesday...

Alex C.

No comments: