Tuesday, June 3, 2008

9:30 PM

Just a quick update here...

Moderate risk of severe overnight tonight...10% chance of tornadoes, 30% chance of hail >nickel sized, and 45% damaging winds >58 mph, with possible winds >75mph. (SPC)

I am, however, doubtful about some of this because of the overnight timing. 2-5 am will be our best shot at severe weather, so I doubt we will have winds over 75 mph. There could be a tornado or two, however, and 10% chance is actually pretty high for tornadoes. So, if you have a NOAA Weather Radio, set it to alert mode tonight. If you hear thunder, it would be safe to just turn on your TV and check the happenings! I will set my NOAA Radio to alert me...

One last note...the storms are all north for now, and i'm not sure if they will come south or not...we will see...

No comments: