Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday afternoon

To all those who are checking out my blog for the first time, welcome...

I am so glad that John Belski linked my blog on his blog...

I am Alex Coffman (on Belski's blog I am "Alex C.") 15 years old, from Borden, IN, and try my best to run a weather blog off of dial-up...because Borden is a wi-fi dead zone...as we say here, you can easily get "bored in Borden"...

Thank you for checking the blog and please continue to check it...

You can leave a comment below or email me at:

hookedonweather@aol.com

Now, I will talk about the weather:

This afternoon through Friday afternoon hold a slight chance of your typical summer afternoon thunderstorms...



Friday night there is a slight risk (15% chance) of severe storms in our area, but I WILL NOT make a big deal out of this one because of the forecasted late night timing (loss of heating)...



Saturday will be a bigger chance of severe weather...we are in the 30% risk as of now...

John Belski had this to say about Saturday's storm in response to my question about Saturday's storm risk...

"if this can get going at peak heating...certainly a squall line and there is enough twist to put a tornado threat."

However, this storm is still 3 days away, so the threat is Code Orange as of now...
(My coding system is listed in Tuesday's post) and I won't change it until there is a moderate risk of severe or a good reason to put out a Code Red...

Our church camp is Sunday-Tuesday:

Sunday-Tuesday look to be mostly rain-free, with temperatures in the middle 80's and dewpoints between 60-65...however; there is a chance of an isolated storm Monday...

I will hopefully get an opinion from Marc Weinberg on Saturday's storm soon...

No comments: