Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday night

Sorry for the no show from me today...i've been helping out with church camp...

As for the weather:

I had a scary moment in today's storms that should show you why the 30 minute rule is important with lightning:

I had waited 15 minutes after the rain stopped to continue working...and then suddenly a lightning bolt fired out of the back of the storm, striking an estimated 0.2 mi. from where I was. That, of course, brought a huge, ear ringing, cracking rumble through the air...very scary and thrilling moment...

As for Saturday:

It looks like tomorrow I will put us in a code red or possible purple for Saturday...it looks like we could have a rough day...

Current indications show that we could have at least 1 line of severe weather Saturday evening, bringing widespread damaging winds and some large hail...

However, Marc Weinberg said that you cannot make a guess from science yet, meaning that we will have to see how the storm evolves...

From the SPC, we have a 30% chance of severe weather Saturday...that could change tomorrow...

I will have a big update tomorrow night after my camp work...i will get all the sensible info I can for this storm...as well as pics and graphics...

Alex C.

No comments: